Saturday, June 18, 2011

Following up on the NOT

My previous post got me to thinking about NOT (awesome) names for MLB Pitchers, and a constant debate within the PFBL.

In the AWESOME and NOT post, I proposed Grant Balfour as having the NOT name for a MLB pitcher, but really I don't think he sports the worst name. I know some will disagree...

So, here is my submission for worst NOT name: Homer Bailey.

You see, this debate has been raging for a few years in the PFBL. Here is the basic argument:
1. It is better for a starter to give up a lead-off Home Run, than to issue a Walk.
Vs:
2. A Walk doesn't necessarily score a run and allows the defense a chance to get 3 outs before a score, whereas the Home Run is already scored.

Obviously, statement 1., is the ludicrous and illogical side of the debate, but is argued with quite some fervor (I won't name names here, but you know who your crazy butt is!).

So let's hear it in the comments, which is the worst NOT name for a MLB Pitcher, Balfour or Homer?
Let's end the debate...

4 comments:

  1. You know me, I'm gonna have to say that Balfour is worse than Homer in this situation. It ALWAYS is! Hilarious link, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though he is currently stashed away on my DL Homer is obviously worse than Balfour as any sane person would agree to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is open to all-time players, i've got to cast my vote for Bob Walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jefe, I like the thought, but you are on the wrong side of the debate with that name...

    ReplyDelete