Thursday, January 30, 2014

Baseball Dream Theater IX (featuring @TheGarfoose)



A birthday shopping trip takes me to the Toronto Blue Jays team store, which for some unknown reason exists in Colorado Springs.

It takes a while for all of the family to show up, and when they do there is a discussion about what will be eaten for lunch.  Apparently, Mexican food was the original plan, but it now won't work since my brother is suddenly allergic to peppers and onions.

Anyway, there is plenty of time to meander around the store.  Interestingly enough, the store was fully stocked with merchandise of every minor league team that is affiliated with the Blue Jays.  Even after browsing the store for a long time, I'm still having trouble selecting what I want my birthday present to be.  Mrs. JT finds what she wants to get, a leather jacket that strangely has a Tampa Bay Rays logo on it.

Eventually, I'm drawn to two different piles of shirts.  The first has various Blue Jays shirts with strange alternate logos.  The other pile is of shirts for the single-A Dunedin Blue Jays, also featuring alternate logos.  I go back and forth for a while trying to decide what I like the best, when a sudden realization dawns on me: the Blue Jays shirt that I want the most would be a shirsey of noted author and former-Blue Jay Dirk Hayhurst.

At this point, the dream is slowly slipping away from me, since my real-life dog is whining to be let out.  Just before I wake fully, the clerk at the store informs me, to my dismay, that they have never had any Dirk Hayhurst shirseys, and that I probably won't be able to find one online either.

No comments:

Post a Comment