I guess the real question is, are you Buying or Selling the Royals in this very young season?
What's to like:
- They have been very competitive
- They are young and don't know better
- Situational hitting has been really good so far
- Want to see some young stud arms? Watch Crow and Collins pitch! Collins just came in to a tied ballgame to replace Crow in the bottom of the 9th. Who was the 5'7" rookie brought in to face with a runner on first and one out? Jim freaking Thome. End result? Extra innings.
- About that bullpen... How about Joakim Soria? That guy is fearless.
- Everybody knows about the farm system... More young guys are on the way.
What's not to like:
- Starting pitchers? Luke Hochevar was the opening day starter? Nothing against Hoch, but is this our ace? If not him, then who? Bruce Chen, a resurgent Jeff Francis, Kyle Davies? We don't even have a 5th starter yet.
- They are young and don't know better (can this be a like and a dislike?)
- Face it, this offense is going to be anemic at times.
- Not exactly a 'star'studded lineup. Billy Butler is by far the star of this team. I like Billy, but I'm not sure he'd be a star on any other team.
- See the subject of my previous post... What's Gordon gonna do? Is this finally the year?
- Everybody knows about the farm system... More young guys are on the way--where are we going to fit these guys in?
So what say you? Are you Buying or Selling? Let's hear it in the comments...
I know I'm buying the fact that they've been fun to watch.
**An aside, the Royals just lost to the Twins in the 10th, I guess Tejada wasn't the right guy to replace Collins with.**