Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thor's Day Thoughts

With the MLB playoffs to kick off with tomorrow's wild card games, I would like to go on the record and declare the playoff teams for which I am rooting.  Additionally, I found the coolest hat for each team, in case you are interested in supporting them as well.

1) St. Louis Cardinals: it's hard to beat the redbird on the bat logo.
   

2) Montréal Expos Washington Nationals: I am also partial to the DC alternate logo but I haven't found any hats that pull it off well.

  

3) Detroit Tigers: The olde English 'D' logo is classic, but I also like the addition of the tiger itself.
  

4) Kansas City Oakland Athletics: How can you not root for Bob Melvin?  I also like the alternate elephant logo, but it doesn't work well on a hat.
   

5) Baltimore Orioles: As I have said before, I am not a fan of the cartoon bird's return.
   
   
Yes, I am aware that the A's play the Tigers and that if the Cards win tomorrow, they will play the Nats in the NLDS.  However the above teams fare, here's hoping that the Yankees or Giants don't win it all.

1 comment:

  1. Nice selection of caps.

    I attended home games of both Les Expos and KC Athletics. Actually I attended home games for the other 3 and at their previous stadiums as well. Haven't made it to the new Tigers place yet.

    ReplyDelete