Thursday, April 12, 2012

Draft chat predictions

David Freese: Kung Fu Master.  Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images.
Hosmer & Record 6, quoted verbatim: "I know it's early, but for the record, I just want to make sure it is in writing what I said about Freese during the draft.  Over .300, 30 home runs, 100 RBIs, Albert Pujols type of year.  It's going to happen."

So far, David Freese has 29 plate appearances in 7 games.  He is batting .429 with 3 HR and 10 RBI.  After 4.3% of the 2012 season, Freese has completed 10% of H&R6's prediction.  Way to go out on a limb, Nate.

But that wasn't the only prediction made during the draft...  

Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images.
When Giant's RHP Tim Lincecum went off the board in the 2nd round, someone with delusions of prescience immediately labeled the pick a "bust."  So far, that prediction looks to be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but.

3 comments:

  1. I believe I also declared that Flash Gordon Jr. will do no better than 280 points. Mark it down!

    How do you like our juiced balls now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was an easy way to put the entire draft chat into a blog post, but it wouldn't let me copy more than one line at a time.

      Delete
  2. Notice I bet on both Freese and Lincecum.
    Getting the Freak out of CO will be the best thing for him.
    I expect him to be fine.

    ReplyDelete